Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fiction Writing

About five years ago, I started a Lara Croft action-adventure novel. It was my first stab at fiction writing. It was different for me because I had been a journalist for over 20 and always wrote other people's stories. Well, time has passed by and the story is still sitting there unfinished. Like a musician, a writer has to be in that special mood to write. And, when it hits you, you better be near a keyboard. I have re-read my story, now at 145 pages and think I have a clear vision to finish it. Okay, some of you are going to ask who is Lara Croft? Well, if you're not an avid gamer (yes, another geek trait), or movie goer (Angelina Jolie - another reason to go to the movies), you might not know who that is. Everyone has compared her character to that of Indiana Jones. Well, maybe. But I think Lara Croft could kick Indiana's Jones ass. Well, enough of that. I am excited and pumped to start writing again. This is my dream, to write an adventure novek and get it published. I will keep you posted as to my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment